RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Book Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Door Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Door Help?
    Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:51am
Okay so I got all the components and everything ready to go to do the door unlock project that is in the book. Extra FOB, was going to do two readers and an arduino to drive some lock/unlock logic.

Problem I ran into is my car (06 H3) can only have two keyfobs at once, and the extra would be number three. Because of logistics and other stuff I can't give up the two fobs, so my project just got stuck...

Does anybody know if there is a piece of equipment like an alarm bypass module that I can interface with that would unlock and disarm the alarm from inside the car? I know I could buy a new alarm system that would take multiple fobs but I'm on a budget, and its a higher mileage car.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 10:10am
Only two fobs? That seems like a strange limitation for such an expensive vehicle (assuming H3 = Hummer H3). Have you tried anyway? -  http://www.ehow.com/how_7366887_program-hummer-h3-keyless-remote.html

As you know, the only other option is to bypass the alarm module... however this would likely result in the other two fobs not working either... or it would be a highly convoluted wiring diagram to get everything playing nice.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
rookie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 11:13am
I tried it on an 08 H3 and it wouldn't go into programming mode how the instructions said it should. The target vehicle is a 06 H3 (our company vehicles are H3's each one is a different year oddly enough), I'll have to give the 06 a try tonight. As for only having two FOBs that is what the dealership told me when I priced out what it would be for them to program the remote (fyi they said they would do the programming for $30 bucks).

I talked to Valiant's customer service people as they make an alarm bypass module for the vehicle and I think I confused the hell out of the sales woman on the phone. I Might have to give a call to a custom car audio shop just don't have much more budget for this project, and a new alarm system isn't doable right now.
parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:17am

Well then I will definitely be getting the project kit for the simplicity and not having to go source different parts to make it work. I got my powerbolt  for$50 shipped brand new on ebay, so I am not too worried about damaging it. Will the Redbee reader be part of the kit or will the kit just be add on stuff for the RedBee?
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by parker parker wrote:

Well then I will definitely be getting the project kit for the simplicity and not having to go source different parts to make it work. I got my powerbolt  for$50 shipped brand new on ebay, so I am not too worried about damaging it. Will the Redbee reader be part of the kit or will the kit just be add on stuff for the RedBee?

PowerBolt? This thread is about car doors, not house doors. If you are talking about a home door deadbolt project using the PowerBolt and RedBee reader, you should be able to use the RedBee with the PowerBolt. If you bought the RedBee kit from Trossen, there is a project write-up that covers how to do it.

Edited by amal - 07 May 2012 at 12:28am
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic