RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Implants, rants, philosophy, news, etc. > General news & info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

n idea about kind of RFID tag ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeriderz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n idea about kind of RFID tag ?
    Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:10am
Hello,

Could you tell me the kind of RFID tag and the associate reader ?
Thanks in advance !

Edited by freeriderz - 23 February 2012 at 1:11am
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 8:56am
C-Trace is a German company that makes 125KHz and 13.56MHz tags for identifying waste management containers (trash cans). Likely this is an ID "puck" style tag that is pushed into a plastic receiver hole in a trash can, and is read by the garbage truck when the can is emptied into the truck.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
freeriderz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeriderz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 12:29pm
Hi Amal,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply !
Do you know what kind of reader/writer can i buy for this kind of tag ?
Another question (I'm a newbie), a single RFID writer/reader could read/write a tag with 125Khz and 13.56Mhz caracteristics ?

Thanks again !
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 12:35pm
Unless you have a ton of these tags, you probably wouldn't want to buy a reader just to read that one tag. Establishing frequency is only one part of the puzzle. There are also several types of air interface protocols tags use to communicate with readers. I have no idea what kind of protocol it might use. Your best bet is to contact C-Trace and ask for operating specs for this type of tag, and I'm sure they sell readers for it too.

There are some specialty readers that can read both LF (125KHz) and HF (13.56MHz) passive tags, but they are must more expensive compared to single frequency readers.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
freeriderz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeriderz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 12:59pm
Ok, I've contacted C-Trace to get more informations.

Could you advise me some readers that can read both frequencies ?
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:44pm
Any good recommendation can only come when all the details are known. Do you just want a reader to fiddle with or do you have a specific application in mind? What will be the usage scenario? What kind of range do you need? What about anti-collision? What about price range? I would never give a recommendation without knowing these details and I would never follow a recommendation if the person making the suggestion did not know these details. So more importantly here, if you are asking for advise, make sure to include as much detail as you can... even if that detail is simply "I have no application in mind, I just want to experiment".

With all that said, I have never bought a multi-frequency reader before. I know they exist though as I've seen them before. Your best bet is to use Google to try and find a vendor that sells one.

Amal ;)

www.amal.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic