RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > RFID PARTS FOR SALE/TRADE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found cheap implanters on ebay.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfdog1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 9:53pm
Yes I meant small lol. I was actually reading a deal a while back where they asked a whole bunch of vets about it. Apparently the number of patients that got cancerous growth as a direct result of the implant versus the total number of implantees was so negligible it wasn't even worth mentioning. I've actually met a couple of people with pet chips implanted in them as a novelty, and they are fine for now. I don't forsee it being an issue really but who knows. I actually realized after I did my implant that only half the casing was on the discarded chip, and frantically felt around to see if it ended up in my hand by accident lol. Fortunately I found it in the lid of the needle. So apparently the coating is easy to take off anyway. Personally, I'd rather have my dog chipped, the chances of her getting cancer from it are far far less than the chances of that implant bringing her home safely in the event she ever gets lost somehow.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 10:19pm
Typically, the studies that found cancerous growths around implant sites were studies of cancer-prone rats (rats genetically bread to develop cancer for the purpose of studying cancer). The implant site developing cancer has more to do with the slight inflammation that takes place while anchoring into the bio-bond material, not not that the material itself "causes cancer". Inflammatory response is known to incite malignancy in some cases, and can even occur at needle injection sites for vaccines and other injectables. 

Something to realize about cancer is, a normal healthy human body develops at least one cancerous cell per 24 period, but the body does what it's supposed to and the cell either self-destructs of it's own accord, or the immune system detects it and destroys it. Malignancy is when cancerous growth goes unchecked, typically when the self-destruct mechanism in the cell is unable to activate, and the body's immune system is either unable to contain the growth or is unable to detect the abnormality and lets it grow unchecked. Metastasis is when that cancer grows large enough to migrate to other areas of the body, take up root, and cause new malignancies in new locations.

To say that something "causes cancer" is not accurate. Carcinogens can affect a cell and cause a cancerous mutation (malignancy), which may or may not last long. If that malignancy avoids self-destruction, and also avoids the body's immune system, then it grows into a tumor and we call that cancer... but that's a lot of "ifs". Overall, a carcinogen may cause so many mutations that the law of averages takes over and eventually you "get cancer". That's why we can consume some carcinogens for years (smoking, eating charred steak, getting a sunburn, etc.) and the law of averages says we have a good chance of living cancer free for a long time. Some aren't that lucky and get cancer right away. Sometimes the carcinogen is extremely damaging to cells and the sheer number of cells mutated by a small exposure is great, and the chance of one or more of those mutated cells developing into "cancer" is greater. 

Anyway, enough ranting on that... it's old news :) I'm just glad I didn't have the bio-bond stuff on my HITAG... it made removal and replacement much easier.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
shaunmayfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunmayfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:37pm
Wolfdog, where were you able to source the RFID Tag from and what was the cost? I found this one HERE  and not sure if it is the right one for the transponders, and I know Amal sales them pretty pricey. Thanks for your help.
wolfdog1987 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfdog1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 5:45pm
I found mine at the link I left in the original post. As long as it is designed as an implantation device for 2x12mm microchips you can use it with the chips everyone is implanting. It's pretty straightforward...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic