RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Implants, rants, philosophy, news, etc. > RFID Implantation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice for a newbie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cr4SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice for a newbie?
    Posted: 24 June 2012 at 2:47pm
Hello to all!

I was wondering if I may ask a few questions and maybe get some advice?

My partner and I are curious about RFID implants and have been for a while now. My partner would like to have one implanted into her upper arm or the area around her shoulder blade (i did tead the topic here:http://www.rfidtoys.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=496&title=injection-spots but would like some more information).

The implant itself is not really required to do anything particularly special, just display some information like name, age, blood type and allergies which we could edit or add to if needed when it is scanned.

Firstly, what would be the optimal implant to use for the purpose I have mentioned (read/write of basic personal information)? Secondly, is the shoulder/upper arm safe to implant? If not, where would be a more suitable area? Thirdly, What RFID scanner/software would be the best to use? I understand the basic purpose of scanners but I am unsure if models vary when it comes to reading/writing information or if they are specific to certain tags. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this, I hope you guys would be able to help me out or point me in the right direction.

Cr4SH

wolfdog1987 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfdog1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:12am
I think you have the wrong idea. There are some writeable tags, but they arent designed to hold that type of information, and wouldnt even come close to holding that much. Aside from that, only you would know what kind of scanner to scan it with, doctors would probably stare at an MRI or Xray and wonder what the hell they're looking at. The medical implants work a lot like the pet implants as far as i know, and the tag number corresponds to a database entry. The info isnt actually stored on the tag. I am no expert at all and i could be mistaken, but i have yet to hear of this kind of implementation. You'd probably have the best luck with a commercially available solution that has a national database really i would think. I havent heard of doctors using the technology really anyway. The tags we implant as a DIY solution are basically just a radio based barcode, they spit out a 10 digit number, and we use that to allow certain tags, and block others if they have the wrong code.

I hope this is enough information and not too jumbled, please ask more questions if it isnt clear. Have a nice day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic