RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Book Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WindowsLogin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achleshsoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WindowsLogin
    Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:17pm

Hi,

my query is tht, In ur chepter u shown setp by setp process of windows login , but i want to ask u,

what my smart card do in this process , because u didn't program it(as i have understood , u only inspecting card/tag ID)...but i think after configure the Windows GINA i should put my password and id in tag so when ever i put my card , it should log me in automatically ( or i enter password by using key board which should be checked with password saved in card.)

pls make it clear ...

achleshsoni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achleshsoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:19pm

yes i want to also ask abt the other process of windows login i.e. certificate based logon( The certificate will be stored on the smart card)...what should i do in this rgds,

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:33pm

Hmm, actually smartcard and certificate login is not part of the GINA project. I believe Windows natively supports smartcard and cert login methods, as long as you have supported smartcard hardware. These types of logins are not part of the GINA project, and are not supported by it.

However, if you wanted to download the source code, you could probably create your own library that supports your own cert and/or smartcard based login systems. The GINA project uses two DLLs, one interacts with the Windows GINA and the other is used to actually authenticate and pass auth params back, so you can replace the RFID based auth DLL with your own to support whatever types of login methods you want.

Amal ;)

Amal ;)

www.amal.net
achleshsoni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achleshsoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 2:58am

i am having a gemplus(PCMCIA) card reader , will it work with rfidPoll.dll & PollGina.dll ? and i will have to make my own"  RFIDAuth.exe " & "RFIDTest.exe".

OR

These two dll will not work with gemplus CARD reader & safenet-inc smart card & i need to develop  my own dll also?

Thnaks in advance..

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 7:32am

Sorry, the only RFID reader rfidPoll works with is the Phidgets USB reader. However, you can easily download the source code and write your own rfidPoll DLL that works with your gemplus RFID reader. Then replace the rfidPoll DLL on your machine with the new rfidPoll DLL, update the authentication data in the registry to match your new RFID tags, and you should be in business.

Amal ;)

www.amal.net
drclapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drclapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 10:37am
Where is the source for rfidpoll?  I found the source for pollgina, but not for rfidpoll ... or am I just missing something?
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 3:00pm
It's toward the bottom under Update #2: http://www.rfidtoys.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4&PN=1

-update- that didn't make much sense... I meant to say its included in the PollGina source ZIP.

Edited by amal - 18 September 2009 at 3:00pm
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Sebastian D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebastian D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 3:36am
here's a slightly related question: is there any updated software to make this project work on windows 7?
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 11:39am
Actually I will be working on something like that in the next 30-60 days... but it will work with a new reader I've help a company develop that has great range, internal tag ID storage, and pretty nice communications options. Keep your eye on my blog as I'll be posting there as soon as the reader and software are available.

Edited by amal - 24 January 2010 at 11:40am
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Sebastian D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebastian D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 7:04am

hmm, I dont suppose you have an approximate price range to share? ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic