RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Book Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CH4 - GINA Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:36pm

Hi Amal,

Unfortunately eliminating the Change Password dialog didn't solve the problem.  The code is still causing Winlogon to crash here.  I've applied all of the Windows Update patches to my system which is running Windows XP Professional SP2.  Any other options?  Does it work OK for yourself with the same OS/SP combination?

Thanks, Dan

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 2:11pm

Hmm, I'm using Windows XP SP2 and it's working fine for me. The only other thing I can think of is the Phidgets library... have you checked into the various posts on this forum about how horribly wrong the Phidgets library has gone through the update process? Also be sure to read the UPDATE sections in the posts in the download section of the forum. The short version is, the Phidgets library is not backward compatible so projects like the GINA DLL files that are compiled with one version of the library will not work with any other library version. I'm not sure if this is the issue because your post indicated that the reader does work and account data and passwords are put into the logon screen, it's just that winlogon crashes afterward. But, it's worth a shot.

Also, the only other thing I can think of is that your system may have a virus or malware of some sort or even a keylogger that is somehow interfering with the logon process and causing the crash. The GINA DLL is a finicky piece of software and it is really meant as a guide for someone wanting to impliment a more "production" quality solution.

Edited by amal - 21 December 2006 at 2:13pm
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Neonkoala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neonkoala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:25am

I have a USB RFID reader that just reads the 10 character cope and then dumps it as text into the active application as it uses USB-HID drivers to make it appear to be a keyboard. I have looked at your RFIDpoll.dll source but I'm just no good with programming. Would it be possible to create a DLL that just has a small input box in which the RFID code would be dumped and then it uses the pollgina and reg keys generated by RFIDAuth.exe to login? If so could you tell me what Phidgets code to strip from the DLL source?

Thanks, great projects!

EDIT: Heres the reader: http://www.rfidshop.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&am p;productid=1120

Edited by Neonkoala - 31 March 2007 at 8:27am
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:36am
I'm sure something could be created, however it would require a major change to the way the project works.

You might be better off checking out pGina, the open source project that our windows login project was based on: http://www.pgina.org/

Amal ;)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
tbdean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 8:29am
Dan, did you ever find a solution to this? I get the same winlogon.exe error. It's actually working fine, I can logon with the tag, but the error pops up. I have to ignore it and make sure I don't click 'ok' or the system reboots.
jaaasgoed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaaasgoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:52am
Hallo,

New to the forum, and I have the same problem. When I log in, winlogon crashes, the system continues booting and boots properly. Only when I lock my pc or log out (no reboot) and I log in again, winlogon crashes and the machine crashes completely and then I get the blue screen. So I can only log in once with the rfidtag. I tried all the options given here, but no luck in removing the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic