RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Reader Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SonMicro Demo Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abraradib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SonMicro Demo Kit
    Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:58pm
Hi Amal.. Before I bought RFID Toys, I already had a development kit by
http://www.sonmicro.com/products/SM3005.php

SonMicro just provide a simple software for read/write the transponder. Do you have any idea which software from rfid toys that i can use? Actually i am thinking to use the smart shelf software.. Is it possible??
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 6:16am
You should be able to tweak the smartshelf software for chapter 6 to work with this reader... but you'll have to get familiar with the communications protocol that this new reader uses.

Check this post for more info: http://www.rfidtoys.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32&KW= protocol
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
abraradib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abraradib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 5:36am
Hai Amal.. Thanks a lot.. Ok now i need to learn how to tweak the Smart Shelf software.. What knowledges should I study before I can do that?
Please advice me...
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:48am
You will have to study the communication protocol between reader (SonMicro) and host (PC). How do you query the reader for tag IDs? How are IDs from tags sent to the PC? Does the reader send a constant stream of IDs to the PC or just a list of IDs when you query for them?

The Smart Shelf software is meant to query the reader and list the IDs present. If your reader does not support this, and instead just sends a stream of IDs back to the PC, then you will need to do a lot more tweaking to filter out duplicate IDs from an array or disconnected ADO recordset so you alway have an up-to-date list of present tag IDs, but no duplicates.

You will also need some programming skill. All the software examples I have are written in Visual Basic 6.0, but most people skilled in software development can derive what needs to be done in other languages such as Visual C, VB .NET, etc. If you need help with the programming aspect, there are many other forums and resources online to help you.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic