RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Implants, rants, philosophy, news, etc. > RFID Implantation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Implant extraction? & other questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 12:54pm
Hey Q,

Do you have two tags already (one in each hand)? Just curious why you're considering replacing the tag you have?

If you want to buy the tag that was in my right hand, you're welcome to it :) $25 shipped (in a standard letter envelope).
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
FourQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FourQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 12:56pm
I was hoping the HITAG S 2048 would allow the tag's ID to be rewritten.  Unfortunately, as you mentioned, it's only the data blocks that allow rewritable access.

I'll keep your offer in mind though, thanks.  The only thing that puts me off the HITAG is that it's 2x12mm and I have enough trouble getting a read from a 3x13mm E4102.
deny_conformity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deny_conformity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 12:58am
Hey Amal,

Just a quick couple of questions, Why did you feel like replacing the HiTag? And what did you replace it with?

I'm thinking of getting a HiTag S in each hand and using them for storing passwords "securely" (security more through obscurity), the roughly 256 bytes of storage available in each should be plenty of space for a few semi-random passwords (if I can find a portable reader that works with them)
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:57am
Hey there,

I removed my HITAG S because I was just not using it as much as I would have liked. The HITAG S has a crypto-security model that is not supported by many readers out there, so finding cheap reader hardware I could easily integrate into projects left me with little choice. 

If you are wanting to store passwords in your HITAG S securely, it doesn't have to be 100% security through obscurity... the HITAG S supports a crypto model that can protect it's memory contents with a 40 bit cipher key. That doesn't seem like much, but it's plenty when it comes to implants because an attacker typically needs access to the tag for a serious amount of time in order to crack the cipher. If you have the right kind of hardware, you can implement key protection on the memory blocks and actually have a small amount of real security than the STO model :)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic