RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Reader Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RFID and Flash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RFID and Flash
    Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:14pm
Does anyone know how to interface flash with an RFID reader. I purchased the book and have been looking at the Phidget reader in particular... I want the RFID tag to be recognized by actionscript within a flash program.

thanks!

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 12:09am
I've not worked with Flash, but I would imagine you could work something out. Someone that may have experience with this kind of thing is Megan: http://flickr.com/photos/meggatron/127926033/

Amal ;)

www.amal.net
berri_fusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berri_fusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 10:22pm
thats something I was wondering how to do. Use flash GUI's projected on to surfaces with projectors for augmented reality of a room to locate tagged objects and to notify users when they are in proximity of a dangerous object such as a knife for example via a sound bite or visual. This also requires gesture recognition to use the interfaces, which also I know nothing about and just want to try. lol.
Rfid is the new barcode.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic