RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > RedBee Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RedBee RFID Reader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 8:31pm

No problem at all, I understand. Just wanted to find out the situation. I'll pick up a kit. ;)

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 9:00pm
Cool man :) I've had a lot of the same inquiries of late, so I figured it was good to get it out on the forum.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
alankeyes11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alankeyes11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 2:44pm
Hello,

I have the REDBEE project kit and I am working on the Windows login vista project. My question is regarding login. I got everything to work but when I scan the registered tag over the reader, I get no response. 

With the file RFIDCredentials, which line should I change if I am using my own computer with no corporate network. I only changed the first line to match my tag id, user name and password. I deleted the second line, but this doesn't seem to work??

Any ideas??? 

12 21 31 13 104|test|mypassword
104 21 31 13 12|domain\test2|mypassword

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 11:04am
The second line shows an example domain account, so you can get rid of that line. The main thing to test is that you've set the correct COM port in the RFIDCredSettings.txt file. What COM port is your RedBee reader set to in your Device Manager?
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Greenbeast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 3:24am
I assume the redbee reader's antenna can pick up a signal from either side of the board?
I want to mount the reader in a place where i can scan a tag from either side.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 3:21pm
Yes, it can read tags from either side. I believe one side has slightly less read range, particularly if you have an XBee module installed, but nothing that significant if you are using large tags. Glass cylinder tags and very small button tags may have issues, but I have not tested this to know for sure.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 11:36pm
Thanks, there's an area near my wing mirror that is plastic inside and out, thinking about hiding the reader in there so i can access the same one for door unlock/ignition enable.

Mind you if the ignition enable is latched open, every time i unlock the car (but didn't want to drive it) i'd have to get in and flick a switch off or something,
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 10:56am
If your RedBee is current and has the latest firmware, you can program different output pins to have different output timeouts. For example, the pin you use for lock control could activate for only half a second (long enough to unlock) while the pin you use for "ignition enable" could be activated for 30 seconds. Of course, you could also simply use the same output pin and have a totally different/separate toggle based system for ignition (one read = enable, two reads = disable, etc.)
Amal ;)

www.amal.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 12:11pm
thanks!
fleixius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleixius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:06pm
What kind of connector is that on top of the 2x7 head?  I've been looking for one for a while now that supports placing my own cables into the molex'esk connector.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic