RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > RedBee Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RedBee RFID Reader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The RedBee RFID Reader
    Posted: 14 March 2010 at 6:46pm
This forum category is all about the RedBee RFID reader. I donated a significant amount of time to RoboticsConnection to make this reader one of the best OEM/Hobby EM41xx readers on the market today. This forum category is dedicated to software and projects related to the RedBee.

Edited by amal - 14 March 2010 at 6:46pm
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
FourQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FourQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 6:48pm
Do you know (roughly) when the projects kit will be made available?
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 6:34pm
In about 30-60 days from now. I will post here and on my blog once they are available. The kit should include the following projects;

> RFID Login for Vista/Win7 - The long awaited RFID login project will allow you to associate RFID tags with existing user accounts on both the local computer and company domains.

> RFID Deadbolt - A new twist on the residential deadbolt project. This project has a very professional look to it and shows you how to get rid of those pesky wires behind the door!

> RFID Fire Safe - An updated fire safe project that uses the RedBee reader. When coupled with an XBee wireless module, you can enable safe access logging, alerting, and even set up time fences for user/employee access!

> RFID Racers - A new take on RC checkpoint racing. The RC Racers software tracks checkpoint times for each racer and announces a winner!

Edited by amal - 21 March 2010 at 10:20am
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
FourQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FourQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 3:19am
Now that looks like a lot of fun.  Something for myself and my three year old son!
He currently likes playing Postman Pat - he jogs around the house with a box (or sometimes just a tag) and swipes it in at the 'depot'.  The RC Racers would keep him occupied for ages.
eldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 7:12pm
Oh how sweet. I just ordered one. I was working on the door project with a Phidget but I think I'll wait to install it now this is available. Nice job.
oneitis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 6:21am

if i buy a redbee rfid reader for 59$ (in trossen robotics webshop), is there already a xbee modul (on the reader) included or do i have to buy the xbee modul seperately...

amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 10:19am
Originally posted by oneitis oneitis wrote:

if i buy a redbee rfid reader for 59$ (in trossen robotics webshop), is there already a xbee modul (on the reader) included or do i have to buy the xbee modul seperately...

The XBee module is separate. If you compare the $59 price tag and feature set of the RedBee reader against other readers like the Phidgets and even the Parallax reader, it really is a huge bargain. Add to that the ability to simply plug in an XBee module to make it wireless, and you've really got something.

Edited by amal - 21 March 2010 at 10:19am
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
Tattooedkaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tattooedkaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 9:38pm
Hello. It has been a long time since I have posted! I was wondering what has come of the redbee project kit? I have not had time to finish my lock because I have been working 2 jobs and every day of the week. I am hoping to get the circuit building  and final steps finished so I can use it in my new apartment! 
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 9:49am
The projects have been completed and the guys over at Trossen are packaging them up onto a DVD. I don't know exactly what they are doing or why it's taking longer than expected but I hear things should be out in the next couple weeks.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
FourQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FourQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 4:20pm
Amal,

At a rough guess, ball park figure, do you know how much the kit is going to cost?  I note Trossen have bumped the price of the stand alone reader.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic