RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Implants, rants, philosophy, news, etc. > General news & info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wristbands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wristbands
    Posted: 04 November 2010 at 1:27am
anywhere that sells rewearable rfid wristbands? not the ones you tear off. i'm thinking kind of like the livestrong bracelet or something with rfid embedded into it. i have found a few places, but they want boxes of the hundred and i don't need that many :P
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 7:08am
This is about as close as you're going to get to a livestrong type band with a one-off price. It is reusable though, so that's something... maybe just not as fashionable.

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/4758-Wristband-Watch-Style.aspx

Edited by amal - 04 November 2010 at 7:08am
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
loosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 8:23pm
yeah. :/ i was looking at these http://www.pdcorp.com/en-us/rfid-ent/smart-rewearable-wristbands.html

but i don't need 250 wristbands..haha.
chinarfid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinarfid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 4:00am
Hi loosh, we can provide your free wristbands samples. 
Smile
gaorfid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaorfid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:30pm

Hi loosh,

I recommend you GAO RFID’s 860-960 MHz Gen 2 Wristband Silicon Tag which is suitable for any application where small form factor with longer range read capability is required.

For more detailed information, please visit http://www.gaorfid.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=122&products_id=791

Best regards.Smile

Telemachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 10:18pm
awesome how every year, somebody adds a new post to this thread. Continuing the tradition, are any wearable UHF tags going to give a reading range of over two meters?

Edited by Telemachus - 12 March 2014 at 10:19pm
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 12:31am
haha true. over 2 meters is going to be a UHF technology if you're talking about a passive technology. I've seen UHF wristbands around, so I'm sure you can get your hands on 'em. I'm going to be releasing some NFC wristbands soon on www.dangerousthings.com

Amal ;)

www.amal.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 11:07am
Yes, my application is for timing a triathlon/race event.  I'd love to fine a UHF band that could go around the wrist, ankle, and not break the bank.  The defective pre-lams I got were supposed to go toward this purpose.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 12:03pm
I'm not sure what your budget is, but very cheap bands do exist... stuff that looks like hospital bands; http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/1559145/25724283/0/1348457625/UHF_RFID_Wristband_Tag.jpg
Amal ;)

www.amal.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Telemachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 4:36pm
I got some samples very similar at a local ticket supplier that I found on google. I'm going to test against hot sweaty skin and see how it works.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.    With all of your expertise, you would think that you have one of these things inplanted or something!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic