RFID Toys Homepage
Holy crap, check out the Dangerous Things store!
Forum Home Forum Home > Projects and such > Parts and info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Read/Write

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Read/Write
    Posted: 04 January 2011 at 5:10pm
I can't really give you any pointers at the moment with regard to full featured readers for the HITAG S... things change so fast and I have no idea what you applicaiton is.

I can tell you I didn't put both in the same hand because they would interfere with each other. Neither tag supports anti-collision, and if put into close proximity to each other, neither tag would be able to communicate with any readers.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net
JordanRinke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanRinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:18am
One quick addition that is off topic: I see that you got both styles, any reason you didn't put both in the same hand?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanRinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:14am
Thanks for the super quick response, any chance you can suggest a supplier/link for the chip/reader/writer so I can get an idea of what I am looking to purchase? There is so much out there I don't want to accidentally head down the wrong path initially.
amal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:57am
Welcome to the forum :)

A HITAG can be written to, but not in a way that an EM4102 reader will be able to read it. You can use a HITAG capable reader to fully take advantage of the HITAG's features, and you can get a HITAG S chip that employs 40bit challenge-response security. While 40 bits doesn't seem like that much, it should be enough to ward off momentary attacks from casual hacker types.

The trick will be ensuring you get a reader that fully supports the HITAG S and all its crypto-security features.
Amal ;)

www.amal.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanRinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:32am
What read/write chips are available for implant? (I searched the forum with no luck) All of the EM4102 appears to be Read only, Can a HITAG S running in compatability mode at 125Khz be written to? Sorry I am fairly new in this space trying to find my way. I want to implant a chip that has at least 16bits of read/write memory so I can implement one time ID codes that are written every morning to add some security but still have the benefits of the price point of common 125Khz readers. Thoughts/Suggestions? Possible? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

(I just ordered the book so if there is anything in there that covers this feel free to just give me page numbers to read)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic